Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

WOO HOO, HERE GOES!

Well hello there, and welcome to my blog on Indian design. By day, I'm a science writer, and I make my living writing about why the earth is burning to a crisp, why the bees are all dying, or what new superbug is going to terrorise our planet. Cheery stuff. 

But under my super-nerd disguise, I'm a secret design addict. By that I don't just mean the super-pricey stuff of the Eames lounger/Noguchi lamp/Saarinen table ilk. Super sleek, shabby chic, distressed, vintage, contemporary - I love it all and I'm greedy for more. 

I've spent most of my life hopping between India and the UK, and have seen how  India - after opening its doors to the rest of the world about a decade ago - has drawn in influences from East and West and created a mad mish-mash of contemporary global design with an Indian twist. This is what I'm going to be writing about here - the artists and designers who are creating a whole new wave of Indian design.

No comments:

Post a Comment